The Original Pancake House is proud to support the communities in which we operate.
Original Pancake House Fundraisers are a fun, effective way to raise money for your school, sports group, or non-profit organization. Fundraisers are NOT intended to be used by individuals or groups collecting for personal or corporate profit or causes.
how to schedule our fundraiser:
- Please call your desired restaurant location to schedule: http://www.ophrestaurants.com/Locations
- Due to limited availability, fundraisers must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance.
- Organizations may choose only two dates per calendar year, six months apart for their fundraisers.
- Please call your desired store directly to schedule. http://www.ophrestaurants.com/Locations
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your fundraiser with the following information:
- Group name
- Location of fundraiser
- Date of fundraiser
- Name of organization to which the check should be made payable. Checks must be paid to organizations, not individuals.
- Address to mail the check
- We will reply to your confirmation email with a logo that you should include on your flyers.
- We recommend half-page flyers on brightly colored paper.
- Please note: All advertising must be done prior to the fundraiser. Group members may not pass out flyers to other diners, either inside or outside the restaurant, or by standing in front of the restaurant, in the parking lot or by going table to table. Doing so may result in the forfeiture of the organization's entire donation. It is the responsibility of the organization to ensure that all those participating in the fundraiser know to give the flyer to the cashier.
- Fundraising days fill up quickly so schedule the fundraiser as early as possible!
tips to bring in a crowd and amplify the donation to your cause:
- Cast a wide net. Talk to everybody. The more people that come to your fundraiser, the more money your organization will earn.
- Put a flyer in your organization's newsletter.
- Promote the fundraiser on your website and add a link to a downloadable PDF of the flyer.
- Attach the flyer to an e-mail going out to the family, friends, office, etc.
- Pass out flyers during large gatherings, group meetings, training sessions and area sporting events.
- Announce the fundraiser on the P.A. system at another local event.
- Share the details in your online invitations, such as Evite & Facebook events.
- Announce the event on your blog, Twitter, or Facebook.
On the day of the fundraiser:
- Diners must turn in the flyer that your group provides to the server, cashier, or driver, and ask that it be attached to their check so it will be included in the fundraiser total.
- We will tally the fundraiser checks (before taxes & tips) and donate 20% of the total to the organization. The 20% donation amount is to be derived from business that has been generated through your organization's efforts.
The restaurant will be open to other patrons during the fundraiser. Seating cannot be guaranteed for large parties. Even though it is the organization’s scheduled fundraiser, we cannot give preferential seating. While we will make an effort to comply with all seating requests, it may not always be possible to seat groups/families near each other.
Due to kitchen, staffing, and space limitations, we ask that whenever possible, groups not plan to arrive at the restaurant all at once. If multiple groups do arrive all at once, they may be placed on a waitlist. We appreciate your patience when this happens. The fundraiser lasts all day, so whenever possible, try to encourage participants to stagger their visits throughout the day.
A special note for organizations with small children:
While The Original Pancake House is a family-friendly restaurant, it is not a playground. There are employees carrying heavy trays and hot plates in and out of the kitchen. Please do not allow your children to run in the restaurant and please be respectful of other patrons.
After the fundraiser:
We try to compute all of the fundraisers from the previous month at the beginning of the following month. If you provided us with all of the required information when you confirmed, you don't need to do anything else. We will write all of the checks for the month at the same time. If your fundraiser is early in a month, it may take up to six weeks before you receive your check.